Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Zealand: Act 3

Well, since I FINALLY downloaded the pictures from the last few days of my international adventures, without further ado, here they are (along with limited commentary) for you to view.

Friday, September 11: For me the best day of our trip! We took a trip inot the Waitomo Caves (means water caves) where I did my first repelling 120 feet down into blackness, rode a zip line, jumped into freezing cold water, hiked and swam through the freezing cold water, learned that the glowy part of a glow worm is there poo, and climbed over 2 waterfalls to get out! AWESOME! Much thanks to Annie for finding this and convincing my sissy self to go.



Saturday, September 12: The second best day of our trip and the second to last day of our trip. The three of us headed to the Hamilton, NZ Temple early in the morning. Rachel headed in for a session, and after a little re-arranging the members of the Temple Presidency held a special baptismal session for just me and Annie! Plus, believe it or not, we met a temple worker who had been to Burley, ID! Just goes to prove the theory that ALL roads lead to Burley!
After the temple, we met up with Annie's friend Doug, who drove us around and helped us find fried Mars bars! They were delicious...I'm just sad we only found them at the end of our trip!
Saturday night was the much anticipated Rugby game--New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa (they're some sort of deer). It was my first rugby match ever, and I'm officially in love. In love with the pre-game haaka, the game itself, the amazing thighs of the players, and the players...wow!

Sunday, September 13: After attending church with Doug and his family, we drove back to Auckland to view the largest Maori carving. It's pretty big, not to mention full of detail and immensely awesome! Then, it was a LONG flight back to LA...a layover that seemed longer, and
then we were welcomed back with the best hugs ever from my roommie Kira!
What a great trip! I can't wait to go back...there's so much we didn't get to see! Any takers for round 2?

2 comments:

  1. I saw those two rugby teams play too! ...of course it was while watching the movie Invictus and I'm pretty sure Matt Damon is NOT on the Spring Bok's (South Africa).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome trip. Feels like we went forever ago. Oh wait we did. Glad you finally posted the last installment of the trip.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete