Thursday, June 11, 2009

TGIF 4 TOFW

Last weekend I took a very memorable trip to Pocatello, ID. I know, many of you are thinking there's not much that's memorable about Pokey, ID. Well, let me tell you, when I roll into town, there's always something memorable.

It began with a 2 hour drive with my long time friend (actually she holds the record for longest friend ever in my life...23 years and counting) and pseudo sister Corinne. We jammed out to some old school music that took me right back to being 14 and going on Young Women's road trips. Hairbrush in hand and Celine blaring through the car, there's nothing like it.

We arrived in Pocatello to meet our mama's, see my grandparents, and await the arrival of the Randall ladies (also known as my adopted mother and sister here in SLC). When all were gathered together we took off for the best mother-daughter weekend event ever--Time Out For Women Pocatello style!

It was phenomenal! The music was inspiring; the speakers were funny, charismatic, witty, endearing, and memorable; the seats were awesome (2nd row...thanks Chrislyn!); and the Mini Dome (oh, I think they call it the Holt Arena now) was FREEZING! in JUNE!

We had a great time at the event and even more fun laughing, joking, shopping (of course we did, Rachel was with us!), and eating. A few highlights of the weekend include:

  1. My grandma trying to pawn off another purse on me. "Well, dear, if you want it you can have it. I'm getting tired of this one. And, see, I brought 2 with me."
  2. Eating space burgers at the Tasty Treat. Yum.
  3. Watching Debbie rub shoulders with Michael Wilcox and Chris Stewart. She has connections with EVERYONE!
  4. Squishing 8 people into Colleen's SUV.
  5. Terri counting in the men's turned women's restroom. "There are only 10 stalls and 24 urinals in here. No wonder men get out so fast!"
  6. Eating Buddy's famous salad dressing and pizza.
  7. Grandma succeeding in giving me yet another pair of shoes.
  8. Getting my 2nd birthday party for turning 24.
  9. Having mom's homemade cheesecake! BEST EVER!
  10. Grandma forgetting. Yea, just forgetting.
  11. Setting up my new tent in the living room with my dad.
  12. Being hugged by my grandpa.
  13. Driving back to UT with the Randall Ladies...okay, sleeping through the drive.

Well, as you can see, definitely a memorable weekend in Pocatello. You can all take back your thoughts on the matter now.

Oh, and special thanks to Chrislyn for having a job that makes us all better and gives a chance for a time out!

No comments:

Post a Comment